Manila Vanilla

What it's like to be a U.S. Fulbright scholar, basketball player, journalist, and the whitest man in Metro Manila.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

New Yorker by birth, shipped across the globe to the world of malls, shanty-towns, patronage, corruption, basketball and a curious burnt-toast smell that wafts around at dusk

Tuesday, July 04, 2006


A sign outside the GSIS museum in Pasay, home to many important pieces of Philippine modern art, and a real stickler when it comes to keeping a burner on your hip.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was on my way to Mamburao, Occidental Mindoro last July 2. There is a 30+km trip from the pier of Abra de Ilog to Mamburao. There was hardly a soul in the road all the way to Mamburao. I thought there isn't that much people in Mamburao. When I arrived in Mamburao, that's when I realized the reason why there were no people on the road. Everyone is glued on tv watching Pacman.

12:41 PM  
Blogger carlosceldran said...

The GSIS also shares the building with the Philippine Senate. And lord knows there are lots of folks out there who want to shoot them.

And how do you do? I believe we met before through a fellow fulbrighter, Molly Aeck.

Carlos

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home