Manila Vanilla

What it's like to be a U.S. Fulbright scholar, basketball player, journalist, and the whitest man in Metro Manila.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines

New Yorker by birth, shipped across the globe to the world of malls, shanty-towns, patronage, corruption, basketball and a curious burnt-toast smell that wafts around at dusk

Thursday, April 09, 2009

New Story on Nate Robinson



I spent much of my free time in March chasing Nate Robinson around. I'm thankful that he's easier to catch up to off of a basketball court than on one. I spent time with him at Knicks practices, publicity events and in the team's locker room before a late March loss to the Nets that was the beginning the Knicks' ongoing late-season collapse. Oh well. Even on crappy teams, Robinson is a lot of fun to watch, and that's sort of what my story, out today in Seattle Weekly, is about. 

Also, if you've got a lot of time on your hands and a burning desire to learn more about Robinson, New York Magazine also published a short feature on him this week. Mark Jacobson did a lot of the same reporting as I did, and some readers may find it interesting to see how our stories differ. Please leave comments and let me know which you prefer. Who wins the battle of the Nate Robinson features? (Anyone who says they're equal I will assume means that Jacobson's is superior.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Boon said...

Good stuff man, yours is definitely better. Alright I haven't read Jacobson's yet but Henry Abbott seems to be a fan of yours. How many times has he pimped your work? Haha.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Macphisto said...

you made it to truehoop too. congrats.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home